Sunday, September 20, 2009

'Muslin Clothing', Paper Negligee, And Girly Men: The Weekly Project Run(A)Way Hater Mailbag

I'm currently in front of my TV screen watching the Baltimore Ravens-San Diego Chargers NFL football game, and I'm biting my nails. Am I a fan of either team? Good God no!! But in one of my fantasy football leagues (I'm in four; I'm a man's man. More on "man's man" in one of my letters), I'm beating one guy by 12 points but he's got two guys on the Chargers, and I've got one guy on the Ravens. So I'm one of those guys you may come across watching TV once in a while, not screaming for one team to win but rather screaming for one or two players to do well, for other players to do worse, and of course there's the occasional "I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S DOING SO WELL AND I DIDN'T START HIM!!!!"

Yep. I'm one of those guys. :-)

Anyways, onto the letters. Joyce writes:

They weren't saying "Muslim" clothing in last week's episode, it was "muslin" clothing, a type of finely woven cotton fabric. How the hell could you not know that?

Uh, hi Joyce. My name is "Typical Male." I like sports, I scratch myself, and I eat things out of cans. How the hell am I going to know what muslin clothing is? Next, you're gonna ask me for knitting tips and pattern ideas.

Longtime reader Another Suburban Mom writes:

I thought the two of you looked so cute and happy in the wedding video.

And I also enjoyed Ms. Longoria. Clothes out of paper is whack though.


Thanks ASM!! And yeah, paper clothing is nuts. Although I did have this thought: Paper negligee. Now that has possibilities. :-)

And finally, Elizabeth writes:

LOL-i am SO GLAD i found your little dent in the project runway/blogosphere universe. even though you scream "man's man" to me (and true confession, i myself rather tend to like girly men) you are hysterically on point and exceptionally humorous in your candid observations. bravo, sir, bravo.


Thank you, Elizabeth!! And please don't hold my "man's man" status against me. Girly men know muslin clothing and when paper clothing was popular and why certain guys thinks it's OK to wear pink shirts. If I was a girly man, the blog wouldn't have the same pop, you know?

See ya Thursday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]TcymxtGQ[/url] , LJQSte , http://iluubcb.com